Saturday, August 2, 2014

Do You know Your Worth?



Do you know your true worth? For some of us, we feel like we are nothing and we'll never be nothing. We are worthless and have no purpose in life at all. Well let's go ahead and stop that lie right now. That is a lie straight from the devil in the pits of hell. My Bible tells me this in  Jeremiah 1:5 "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." ~ Well I don't know about you, but that tells me that I am somebody. Unfortunately, so many of us go through life being made to feel worthless and ashamed of who we are. We are beat down and broken to the point that we start to believe it ourselves. I don't know your specific situations or where you came from, but I know that you are not your past. We have all made mistakes and we are all sinners, but there is hope. We can all be forgiven of our past and move forward in life with no guilt of who we once were. One of my favorite quotes is by Oscar Wilde: "Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future". So take that simple sentence and put it to work in your life today. It doesn't matter who you are, what you've done, where you came from or how little you have; you can apply that statement to your life.

For my saints out there, remember that you yourself have a past; so let's stop pretending that we are perfect. We all have had to overcome something in our life and being judgmental is not what we are called to do. Let's go ahead and revisit Matthew 7:1-3 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Now I'm sure that stepped on a few toes and ruffled a few feathers, if so then I apologize. However, I correct in love through scripture. We are called to love our neighbor as we love ourselves, not because they are like us, but because they are our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Now for my sinners, come on and join the rest of us sinners that now have a future. Just because we are saved doesn't make us perfect by any means, what it makes us is forgiven. Let me share with you this verse John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." What that means is that God wants you to live a life free of guilt and shame. He understands that you have messed up and made mistakes. He is the author of your life He already knew the choices you would make; so stop being so hard on yourself. He just wants you to turn your life over to Him so that He can love you the way that you deserve to be loved. He wants to love you like only He can, there is no greater love than the love of your Heavenly Father. You see God created us in His own image, so you are perfectly and wonderfully made. Before you were conceived, God knew you and loved you. Life may have beaten you up a little and you may have gotten off course, but you are still His. You may have been lost, but He has always been there. He is just waiting on you to turn from the wicked ways of the world and recognize that you are His. He is waiting with arms wide open to take away the burdens that you carry around.

I will close with this, you are a precious jewel in your Father's eyes. Regardless, of what anyone on earth says, you have a purpose. Remember, God appointed you as a prophet to the nations, but you have to acknowledge and obey His commandments. You have to seek His Will for your life, and you have to know that you are a child of God. It is never too late to make a fresh start, all you have to do is pray a simple prayer asking God for forgiveness and invite Him into your heart (there is no specific prayer to pray, but an example is referenced below). Then live each day according to His word. Be blessed and feel free to send us an email if you need prayer for anything. If you prayed the Salvation Prayer, please let us know so that we can celebrate with you.

Resources: All scripture quoted was from the NIV Bible
Salvation Prayer: "Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will. In your name, amen" (PeaceWithGod.net)







No comments:

Post a Comment