Saturday, August 9, 2014

When You Feel Lost and Alone




When you feel lost and alone, fill your minds with whatever is true and right that God puts before us each day. Focus on the good and try to avoid negative thinking ~ This can be very difficult to do from day to day especially when it seems as if some things are done to purposefully provoke you. One verse that I find helpful in these type situations is 1 Peter 2:23 "When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly." It is so hard to do this because we are only human and our flesh just screams to lash out at those that come against us. Unfortunately, every time I have let my flesh take control, I am disappointed and I always seem to feel worse. I never feel better because I have let my emotions take over, and I've let myself stoop to the level of others who quite frankly don't even deserve my time let alone my precious thoughts and sound mind. I'm not saying that it will be easy by any means, because it will get harder each time a blow comes at you. I am in a constant battle with myself about the things that people do and say, but in the end I always find that silence is my best response. 

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:8-9



No comments:

Post a Comment