Sunday, August 3, 2014

Don't Be Afraid To Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone

There are no such things as comfort zones when you live for God. God is going to challenge you, push you, nudge you, and stretch you. Challenging you to toss off self-centeredness and live for him. Pushing you to put Scripture into action - to live a radical life of love, peace, and mercy in this world. To change your community. To speak truth and shine the light in a dark world.

This isn't about feeling good or living a cushy life. Like a potter shaping clay. God will keep working on you - poking and prodding and sculpting your life and character - as he makes you into the person he's created you to be. God has a purpose for you on this planet - and it won't be easy. But it will be worth it.

The Struggle by Jennifer Lawrence 



As I sit here studying on yet another sleepless night, I came across this very simple yet profound statement. As I read it, I couldn't help but think about how it related so much to my very own life. What caught my attention was the very first sentence ... "There are no such things as comfort zones when you live for God", because he is going to challenge us. He is in fact challenging me right now in a couple of different areas, but he did start out by nudging then he began pushing and now I can feel myself stretching. You see I am just happy and content being behind the scenes, ministering to people on a one on one basis. However, God has a different plan for me ... He for some reason feels the need to have me speak on a much larger level.  

I said all of that to say this... when you feel like you have "arrived", you may need to think again. God will always want us to do more. He will continue to challenge us in our lives, and when He sees that we are getting comfortable He will give you something else. I'm sure you guys have heard the saying "God will never give you more than you can handle" and I have also heard the response "I just wish He didn't trust me so much". Which makes sense, but as Christians our work is never done. There are too many unsaved souls out there for us to ever think we are done with what God called us to do. God allows us to go through trials and tribulations so that we can be a light to someone else. Our life is our testimony, no one has a perfect fairy tale that they have lived. We have all dealt with some kind of adversity, whether it be: divorce, abuse, addictions, death, illnesses etc...  So the next time you feel like God has given you more than you can handle; just remember that He put you in that situation and He can pull you out. God has complete control of our lives, but He also gives us free will to make our own choices. So when you are faced with a difficult task or situation, just stop and seek His guidance. You may not understand why in that very moment, but in His time He will reveal the answers to you. So in closing, I don't quite understand why He has called me to this particular task, but I will prepare myself to the best of my ability and leave the rest of it up to my God. Whatever skills and ability that I lack He will no doubt overcome, and His glory will shine through. I pray that I can be a vessel for Him to speak through. Thank you for your support and I pray that this blog will somehow be a light into your lives each day. I pray that these posts are reaching those that need them and I pray that they are speaking to your specific situations. Don't forget that we do accept prayer requests and will be honored to pray for you. May God continue to bless you richly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment